Paragliding at Dharamshala
Located at the foot of mighty Dhauladhar Mountain, Dharamshala is one of the most sought-after travel destinations in Himalayas. Dharamshala can be observed in many ways. The essence of Dharamshala has many prospective. The home of His Holiness Dalai Lama Ji, Dharamshala offers tranquility, Buddhist mantras & chilly winds of Dhauladhar. Since Dalai Lama Ji moved here in 1959, this destination gained a lot of attention to the tourist all around the world. It is the major hub of Buddhism devotees. Enchanting monasteries beautifying the valley all around. At one side of the valley, one can enjoy a scenic walk in the tea plantations & happy Kangra valley and another side is the home of snow Dhauladhar Mountain. Apart from hiking & trekking, Dharamshala is launching new pads for adventure enthusiast from past few years.
Paragliding is a new adventure in the valley. At the east corner of Dharamshala lie Indru Nag tibba, from where one can enjoy the best view of Dhauladhar. Here you can opt the Paragliding adventure. Dive from the height of 3000 meter & fly high in open sky surrounded by Kangra valley & majestic mountains. The scenery of this flight will amaze you. At one side of the valley, an open paddy fields, tea gardens & vegetable farms is to observe while another side lies the mountain which are above 3500 to 4500 meter. Overall Dharamshala paragliding experience is to look at one valley at a glance. Dharamshala has a adventure training institute too which offers wide range of adventure courses round the year. Most of the Paragliders in Dharamshala has valid adventure license which makes this sports under an expert eyes. We suggest whenever you will be in Dharamshala, apart from soaking positive vibes of Bhhudhist mantras & relaxing in the valley, you may also be the part of Paragliding in Dharamshala.
Rules for Paragliding Safety : -
- Flying without a motorized engine can inevitably be dangerous, since one is solely in the hands of nature for some time. So it is necessary to take all the precautions possible in order to prevent serious damage. Using the right equipment, wearing the right clothing, and following the right protocol, is something that every Paragliders should do, and there should never be any ambiguity about such things. Here are some basic rules that any experienced or amateur Paragliders must remember at all times.
- The first time that you go paragliding, you should do so with an experienced instructor. For this purpose, you can either join a paragliding club, or enlist the help of a licensed and registered instructor.
- Equipment like a flight suit, helmet, boots, harness and canopy must be utilized by anyone who is paragliding. If possible, you must buy this equipment for yourself, rather than use equipment that is used or is used by a group of people at different times.
- Learn to respect the weather conditions. Paragliding when it is raining or when there is excessive wind is ill-advised, and you must learn to recognize the signs. Majority of paragliding accidents happen due to unsuitable weather conditions.
- Showing off unnecessarily could lead to accidents and serious injuries, so you must know your limitations and not push them excessively. Paragliding is essentially an adventure sport, so a rush of adrenaline is expected. But you must know where to draw the line, because after all, your life is at stake.
- The landing site must be easily accessible and clearly visible. A lot of accidents happen due to irregular landings, and one should also use their legs for rough landings. A broken ankle or leg is easier to manage than a broken back or spine.
- Always carry a knife with you while paragliding, as you never know when you may need to cut yourself free from an entanglement of wires and cords.
- Always take advice from experienced Paragliders about various aspects like launching off, navigating, landing, steering, and other safety issues. Someone who has flown a lot will be the best teacher in these circumstances, and their words can help you avoid the mistakes they may have made.
- It is said that most paragliding accidents happen due to the bad attitude of the Paragliders. Someone who is cautious and takes the right safety measures will almost never find himself in a dangerous situation. But someone who is excessively cavalier and aggressive about paragliding, may lure himself into a situation that could lead to serious injuries. At the end of the day, paragliding is a dangerous sport, and only someone who is prepared for the worst can handle it. A famous adage says It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground, and this is something that every single Paragliders must remember.
Cancellation policy : -
- If you wish to cancel the booking between 30 days to 24 hours, we will refund you 100% amount.
- If you wish to cancel the booking under 24 hours of operation, we will refund you 50% amount.
- Cancel due to weather - Aero sports is totally depend on weather. If weather or winds is not ideal or it’s a rainy day. But still you are requested to reach the site, wait for 30 minutes if weather is still not suitable as advised by our in-charge on spot, please call us, we will cancel your activity and refund you 75% amount you paid us.
- At site, required transportation is included in given price.
- Fly with professional instructor,
- helmet will be provided
- medical is available at site.
How to reach The paragliding site
Site is easy approachable by drive