Paragliding at Khajjiar, Dalhousie
Live your dream of flying high in the sky like a chirping bird. Cruise beyond the clouds & observe how big this creation is! Paragliding in Khajjiar is one of those activities which offer you to fly high along with capturing 360 degree views of Nature’s panorama all around Dalhousie valley. The Himalayan settlement of Khajjiar which mainly represents western border of Dhauladhar mountain range act like a perfect weekend gateway for all those who wish to spend some time in nature’s lap, flying the tandem style glider (Paragliding) & taking nature bath. Khajjiar has almost everything to offer which a Himalayan traveler expect.
The grand opening of nature, the organic lifestyle, the sunshine, the adventure, a slice of silence & the pine trees – what more one may wish for a blissful life? Khajjiar is not too far from Pathankot, Chandigarh or even from Delhi. The facilities of transportation such as nearest railway station, good Volvo bus service & easy approachable site makes Khajjiar, one of the popular weekend destination in western part of Indian Himalayas. Khajjiar is an offbeat destination & a short stay halt, where you can plan to go with your loved one, family & friends. Soak the energy of Kailash Manimahesh, know about Dhauladhar Mountains & middle Himalayan range, unwind, relax, meditate and come back with peace in mind! Here at the Kalatop of Khajjiar, offers many adventure activities & one of those is Paragliding. Paragliding from Dhauladhar Mountain has a unique charm. Dhauladhar mountain range is majestic, steep & lush green and it added the ingredient of thrill in every sport you do here so as in Paragliding. The ideal flow of winds round the year makes Kalatop & Khajjiar the perfect places for Paragliding especially in sunny days. The height of the site is almost 3000 – 3500 meter and the landing point is a lush green ground. In between, from the sky, you are enjoying unmatchable scenery of Dalhousie & catchment area, the lush green pine forest & of-course the majesty of Dhauladhar which latterly means “The White Mountains”. Come, explore & unwind yourself in Khajjiar.
Rules for Paragliding Safety : -
- Flying without a motorized engine can inevitably be dangerous, since one is solely in the hands of nature for some time. So it is necessary to take all the precautions possible in order to prevent serious damage. Using the right equipment, wearing the right clothing, and following the right protocol, is something that every Paragliders should do, and there should never be any ambiguity about such things. Here are some basic rules that any experienced or amateur Paragliders must remember at all times.
- The first time that you go paragliding, you should do so with an experienced instructor. For this purpose, you can either join a paragliding club, or enlist the help of a licensed and registered instructor.
- Equipment like a flight suit, helmet, boots, harness and canopy must be utilized by anyone who is paragliding. If possible, you must buy this equipment for yourself, rather than use equipment that is used or is used by a group of people at different times.
- Learn to respect the weather conditions. Paragliding when it is raining or when there is excessive wind is ill-advised, and you must learn to recognize the signs. Majority of paragliding accidents happen due to unsuitable weather conditions.
- Showing off unnecessarily could lead to accidents and serious injuries, so you must know your limitations and not push them excessively. Paragliding is essentially an adventure sport, so a rush of adrenaline is expected. But you must know where to draw the line, because after all, your life is at stake.
- The landing site must be easily accessible and clearly visible. A lot of accidents happen due to irregular landings, and one should also use their legs for rough landings. A broken ankle or leg is easier to manage than a broken back or spine.
- Always carry a knife with you while paragliding, as you never know when you may need to cut yourself free from an entanglement of wires and cords.
- Always take advice from experienced Paragliders about various aspects like launching off, navigating, landing, steering, and other safety issues. Someone who has flown a lot will be the best teacher in these circumstances, and their words can help you avoid the mistakes they may have made.
- It is said that most paragliding accidents happen due to the bad attitude of the Paragliders. Someone who is cautious and takes the right safety measures will almost never find himself in a dangerous situation. But someone who is excessively cavalier and aggressive about paragliding, may lure himself into a situation that could lead to serious injuries. At the end of the day, paragliding is a dangerous sport, and only someone who is prepared for the worst can handle it. A famous adage says It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground, and this is something that every single Paragliders must remember.
Cancellation policy : -
- If you wish to cancel the booking between 30 days to 24 hours, we will refund you 100% amount.
- If you wish to cancel the booking under 24 hours of operation, we will refund you 50% amount.
- Cancel due to weather - Aero sports is totally depend on weather. If weather or winds is not ideal or it’s a rainy day. But still you are requested to reach the site, wait for 30 minutes if weather is still not suitable as advised by our in-charge on spot, please call us, we will cancel your activity and refund you 75% amount you paid us.
- At site, required transportation is included in given price.
- Fly with professional instructor,
- helmet will be provided
- medical is available at site.
How to reach The paragliding site
Site is easy approachable by drive