Paragliding at Bir Billing, Kangra
The Bir-Billing of Himachal Pradesh is the number one Paragliding site of India for both the Indians & for the visitors all around the world. The flying season of Bir-Billing starts from October to June except the rainy months of July till September. With the time, the shape of aero sports taken new dimension in order to promote these events successfully in the country. Bir-Billing became the world known site for Paragliding especially after the Paragliding world cup held here in 2015 where more than 500 participates flew from free sites.
The rouged mountain slopes & gradual steep of the mountains makes Bir Billing an ideal site for beginner as well as for expert. Here you can also join the course where you will get learn Paragliding & the different techniques. Bir Billing hosts many International Paragliding sports every year. The paragliding take-off site is billing which is located around 2400 meter of altitude whereas the landing site is called Bir where most of the tourist accommodation options are available. Apart from short fly of five to fifteen minutes one can also be the part of long fly which is popularly known as adventure fly of 45 minutes in which certain stunts are involved. The spellbound view of the valley & the mountains makes Paragliding an experience to remember lifelong. Bit monastery is also a popular spot to visit here. If you are planning for an adventure weekend or a full fledge adventure itinerary and looking for a Paragliding village in India – Bir Billing is the top most option for you.
Rules for Paragliding Safety : -
- Flying without a motorized engine can inevitably be dangerous, since one is solely in the hands of nature for some time. So it is necessary to take all the precautions possible in order to prevent serious damage. Using the right equipment, wearing the right clothing, and following the right protocol, is something that every Paragliders should do, and there should never be any ambiguity about such things. Here are some basic rules that any experienced or amateur Paragliders must remember at all times.
- The first time that you go paragliding, you should do so with an experienced instructor. For this purpose, you can either join a paragliding club, or enlist the help of a licensed and registered instructor.
- Equipment like a flight suit, helmet, boots, harness and canopy must be utilized by anyone who is paragliding. If possible, you must buy this equipment for yourself, rather than use equipment that is used or is used by a group of people at different times.
- Learn to respect the weather conditions. Paragliding when it is raining or when there is excessive wind is ill-advised, and you must learn to recognize the signs. Majority of paragliding accidents happen due to unsuitable weather conditions.
- Showing off unnecessarily could lead to accidents and serious injuries, so you must know your limitations and not push them excessively. Paragliding is essentially an adventure sport, so a rush of adrenaline is expected. But you must know where to draw the line, because after all, your life is at stake.
- The landing site must be easily accessible and clearly visible. A lot of accidents happen due to irregular landings, and one should also use their legs for rough landings. A broken ankle or leg is easier to manage than a broken back or spine.
- Always carry a knife with you while paragliding, as you never know when you may need to cut yourself free from an entanglement of wires and cords.
- Always take advice from experienced Paragliders about various aspects like launching off, navigating, landing, steering, and other safety issues. Someone who has flown a lot will be the best teacher in these circumstances, and their words can help you avoid the mistakes they may have made.
- It is said that most paragliding accidents happen due to the bad attitude of the Paragliders. Someone who is cautious and takes the right safety measures will almost never find himself in a dangerous situation. But someone who is excessively cavalier and aggressive about paragliding, may lure himself into a situation that could lead to serious injuries. At the end of the day, paragliding is a dangerous sport, and only someone who is prepared for the worst can handle it. A famous adage says It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground, and this is something that every single Paragliders must remember.
Cancellation policy : -
- If you wish to cancel the booking between 30 days to 24 hours, we will refund you 100% amount.
- If you wish to cancel the booking under 24 hours of operation, we will refund you 50% amount.
- Cancel due to weather - Aero sports is totally depend on weather. If weather or winds is not ideal or it’s a rainy day. But still you are requested to reach the site, wait for 30 minutes if weather is still not suitable as advised by our in-charge on spot, please call us, we will cancel your activity and refund you 75% amount you paid us.
- At site, required transportation is included in given price.
- Fly with professional instructor,
- helmet will be provided
- medical is available at site.
How to reach The paragliding site
Site is easy approachable by drive from Dharamshala/Dalhousie